Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where will I be in five years from today?

My name is Elle and although I am a mother of an 8 month old baby boy (like thats not enough to keep me busy) I have decided in the last 7 days, to go back to work (15 to 30hrs a week), I have enrolled in what I hope will be my 2nd last semester of university (6 - 30hrs a week) and now am determined to have a house deposit saved by my sons second birthday. . .agh!!

In order to help me along this crazy journey I am reading "5" it is a book written to make you think about where you want your life to go, it encourages you to write personal values and mission statements and set yourself goals along with lots of other things I haven't read about yet.

So I thought for any of you keen - come on this journey with me. I will read the book, answer the questions it poses (as best I can) and do my damedest to get through the next 12 months in one piece!

For those of you who read my last (very poor) blog effort;
there are no rules this time but I would like to write at least one blog a week - if nothing else this will keep me focused on the tasks I have set for myself and hopefully help me continually strive to make the best life possible, not just for me but for my beautiful bub Aston Jude!

So here goes -
In the first few pages of the book the author Dan Zadra poses 5 questions that are to help you identify your top values in life. . .

1. What are the 3 things I like most and least about myself?

WOW - tough already.
The later part of the question is easy;
I don't like that I am a "gunna doer" and a "never actually doer" (or at least a "never actually finisher").
I dont like that I am so disoganised - yeah thats not going to work well once Im working and at uni. I cant even get my bills and my filing under control.
I dont like that I am embarrassingly unfit! Im actually ok with how I look these days (or I dont care really) but I want to be fitter and healthier.

BUT HHhhmmmm what do i like the most. . .
I like how much I love being a mum! You probably think this is silly but I know people struggle to enjoy being a parent thanks to all the sleepless nights and sooky days, and I would be lying if I said I didnt have moments, even hrs, when I wonder what the hell is this life I now have. . .but for the most part I really love just hanging out with my boy, he is my best friend in the world and he cant even talk. I love that I can enjoy him so much and love him so much my heart aches!
I guess I like that mostly I am pretty content with myself and my life, I didnt want this, in fact this life is a really long way from what I wanted but I have never been happier and life is what you make it so we are trying to make the most of everyday! (yeah I like this attitude about myself).
I like how much I like to read. Nerd alert. . . lol. I love reading about other peoples lives and experiances - i think it makes me a fuller person.

There you go - not as hard as I thought it would be. But it is 10:30pm so I might post this and answer 2-5 tomorrow.

TTFN (ta-ta for now)

1 comment:

  1. This is so good Elle, as usual I am in awe of you and your attitude. You're an amazing person (with an amazing little guy) :)

    ReplyDelete