Wednesday, January 20, 2010

4 Questions on Values in Life

To recap on yesterdays blog - I am reading the book 5 and hopefully using it to help me make a better life for me and my boy Aston.

The first task set by the book is to help the reader figure out their person values; that is what is truly the most important things to you in this life?

To help us "not so in touch folk" work this one out, the book first gives you 4 questions to answer.

I answered one yesterday but as I have inherited a bit of my father's anal retentiveness I am going to copy and paste it for no other reason than to have all four questions and answers in the same place (so if you read yesterdays feel free to skip on down to question 2).

1. What are the 3 things I like most and least about myself?

WOW - tough already.
The later part of the question is easy;
  • I don't like that I am a "gunna doer" and a "never actually doer" (or at least a "never actually finisher").
  • I dont like that I am so disoganised - yeah thats not going to work well once Im working and at uni. I cant even get my bills and my filing under control.
  • I dont like that I am embarrassingly unfit! Im actually ok with how I look these days (or I dont care really) but I want to be fitter and healthier.

BUT HHhhmmmm what do i like the most. . .
  • I like how much I love being a mum! You probably think this is silly but I know people struggle to enjoy being a parent thanks to all the sleepless nights and sooky days, and I would be lying if I said I didnt have moments, even hrs, when I wonder what the hell is this life I now have. . .but for the most part I really love just hanging out with my boy, he is my best friend in the world and he cant even talk. I love that I can enjoy him so much and love him so much my heart aches!

  • I guess I like that mostly I am pretty content with myself and my life, I didnt want this, in fact this life is a really long way from what I wanted but I have never been happier and life is what you make it so we are trying to make the most of everyday! (yeah I like this attitude about myself).

  • I like how much I like to read. Nerd alert. . . lol. I love reading about other peoples lives and experiances - i think it makes me a fuller person.
2. Who is the happiest person I know?

This one was actually a really easy one but I am going to have to cheat and talk about two people. My Uncle Kim and Aunty Judy (Who arent really related but are really family). Kim is a master jeweler and owns his own shop where he works with his son Jay. Judy works in the shop doing the paperwork, when she is not babysitting the grad kids or practicing tai chi.

Kim loves to cook and wine, Judy loves sudoku puzzles and not cooking. They own a bit land and have a few cows. Their home is beautiful, rustic and I believe built mostly by Kim and Judy's father.

I dont know what their secret is but they seem truly happy and content with their life and their place in this world. They treat each other (and everyone) with such respect and kindness not to mention love. I hope that as I get older I can find so much peace in my life.

3. Who are the two people I like and respect the most?

Now I have been thinking about this since about 3pm yesterday and Im just not sure. . .Kim and Judy would go close but the list is longer then that. I have some pretty amazing people in my life these days so its hard to pick two!

I have to mention my fabulous housemate. She is so patient with me and my baby (and my mess). She is so caring with Aston and she is living the life I thought I would! Kel - I love ya and you are one of the most driven, ambitious, kindest people I know and I do respect you and love you dearly.

Mum and Dad have their own amazing attributes each and again I have the deepest respect for them both. I hope I can love and care for Aston half as much as mum did with us (even though she annoys the hell out of me sometimes)! And Dad has such a good work ethic and dreams still of traveling the world (I might have to come with you dad).

4. Who am I?

WOW - been thinking about this one all day too (and lots of last night - not helpful!) and I have no idea, well not no idea but it is still a tough question!

I asked mum about it and her answer was "your a mum, a daughter, a sister and many more things!". Dad's answer was "your a 25yr old (thanks dad im 24), almost uni graduate, with exciting career prospects and other opportunities around the corner, who is also enjoying the challenges of raising a little fella".

I like dad's a little better simply because its about me and not just what I am to other people - but thats what I mean about mum, always thinking about everyone else.

I think I am a pretty cheerful, outgoing person who loves to read and hope (against hope!) to travel some day and see the many of the wonderful things (and people) this world has to offer! I am trying hard to give my life focus and purpose and enjoy every minute! (I fail lots obviously but at least we are trying).

Well there is nothing overly conclusive here but it really does get you thinking about the big questions! And now the idea is to write 5 values for my life. . .might need another nights sleep on this one - see you back here tomorrow.

TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment